The technical practice comprises three principal capabilities, enterprise architecture, network infrastructure and e-services. All consultants have experience of demand- and supply-side delivery with project assignments in the range of £20k-200k and on programmes of work of up to £500m.
Our technical consultants have, on average, 20 years of experience within the IT services market place. Many of the more senior members have had direct budget and delivery responsibilities for over £100m of expenditure. All our consultants have experience of working on government projects, including such activities as design reviews, gateway processes, risk analysis, vendor selection, disaster recovery, security, government interoperability standards, test and validation, technical assurance and intervention reviews.
Experienced with government projects, our consultants are naturally very proficient at working within a Prince2 environment on client sites. Without ties to external suppliers, we are able to operate and deliver unbiased views and, due to corporate product allegiance, have access to supplier information that would not normally be allowed.
Consultants are encouraged to develop and follow their own subject speciality, either within a technical discipline or in the business sector.
Our consultants have a wide range of backgrounds and skills including:
- Development of IS architecture/strategy.
- Design reviews and production of technical options reports.
- Development of IS roadmap.
- Formation of corporate IS Strategy.
- Development of common architecture and engineering standards/policies.
- Maximising re-use of technical solutions.
- Setting standards for interfaces and data management between existing external system servers, desktop clients, notebooks, database systems, and e-mail and directory systems.
- Systems management and integration of existing desktop applications and mainframe systems.
- Design of e-business architectures including CRM, data capture, knowledge management, enterprise portals, PKI, XML interchange and e-enabling transactions.
Our Technical Director has more than 30 years experience in the industry and still spends over 60% of his time consulting. Clients choose to use our technical resources because we have the right balance of supply and demand experience, understand the impact of change on complex enterprise environments and are vendor-independent.
back to practices