Headed by a qualified MSP practitioner, X-Net has real expertise in programme and project management, business case development and the early years aspects of the business process outsourcing of public sector services.
X-Net provides accomplished project and programme management to support public sector departments and industry suppliers. All our consultants use Managing Successful Programmes and Prince2 methodologies and they have the pragmatic approach that enables them to work with senior Civil Servants and board members.
X-Net consultants provide the professional support and authority necessary to ensure the successful implementation and completion of projects. X-Net has extensive experience in the total programme and project lifecycle in both IT and Business Change, covering all aspects of management and processes from initial inception to final close down and evaluation of benefits realisation.
Our consultants have been involved in major programme management projects with a value of up to £750m. We work very closely with current and emerging Government guidelines, particularly OGC best practice advice and guidance, and have been involved with and understand the OGC Gated Review process.
X-Net consultants can demonstrate capability in:
- Benefits - The identification and definition of benefits to the organisation. The measurement and management processes required to ensure their realisation.
- Risks and Issues - The recognition and management of both risks and issues, so that they will not adversely affect the programme & therefore allowing it to stay on track.
- Finance - The financial management of all programme and project activities.
- Stakeholders - The identification of the stakeholders, together with a detailed analysis.
- Communication - The ongoing two-way communication flow between the programme and its stakeholders.
- Quality - Ensuring that quality is built into both the programme and its deliverables.
- Configuration Management - The control of key deliverables and documentation for the programme and projects.
- Process - The management processes that identify and define the programme, establishing the programme infrastructure and plans, managing the projects and their deliverables and effectively realising the benefits.
X-Net considers the key capabilities required to ensure the success of a project to include:
- Effective co-ordination of resources and activities.
- Effective communication with stakeholders and other interested parties.
- Accurate estimation of time and costs.
- Effective planning of resources, activities and scheduling.
- Pro-active control and reporting of progress.
- Attention to delivering quality products.
- The need for and use of robust change control procedures.
Our Programme and Project Management Practice Manager has over 20 years experience and is an authority on programme transition with TUPE and HR relationships. Clients choose to use our Programme and Project Management resources because we can demonstrate how we sit with clients and 'DO' where others simply recommend.
back to practices