Our procurement practice boasts over 50 man years experience in the total procurement lifecycle for negotiated and PFI/PPP and shared risk procurements. We cover some 24 stages, from user requirement to proposal evaluation, through to draft contract and onto contract award. Having been involved in major contract awards with individual values of up to £500m for the past 12 years, we are confident our experience brings benefits to both suppliers and customers.
Our consultants work very closely with current and emerging Government guidelines, particularly OGC best practice advice and guidance, and have been involved with and understand the OGC Gated Review process.
X-Net has a portfolio of staff that is able to undertake all aspects of a procurement programme. Our consultants are experienced in working with Prince2 methodologies as well as being able to interact constructively with senior civil servants and board members, providing professional support and ensuring the successful implementation of projects.
X-Net consultants have a wide spectrum of procurement experience. From conducting pre and post operational best value reviews, through to managing all aspects of gated procurement programmes.
Our consultants have a thorough working knowledge and experience of checkpoint and internal gate processes. This, along with their consummate expertise and an excellent understanding of Business Change Lifecycle and how it is implemented across the main stages of all projects, leads X-Net to consider the following areas as key capability requirements.
- Initial feasibility study and business case justification.
- Project Initiation (PID).
- OJEC drafting.
- ITT, SSR and RFP drafting.
- Evaluation and selection criteria.
- Contracting drafting and negotiation.
X-Net consultants are also able to demonstrate a complete understanding and awareness of:
- Strategic investment in IS/IT systems.
- Implications & opportunities arising from PFI, PPP and of outsourcing government IS/IT services.
- New and emerging technologies, which may impact on IS systems procurement in Government.
- Modern project management methods.
- Experience of strategic planning for business and IS.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial and business practice in a variety of market sectors.
All of which have an effect upon any procurement and outsourcing approach.
Our Procurement Director has over 20 years of experience in the industry and is a specialist in conducting reviews of complex programmes to ensure they operate at minimum risk. Clients choose to use our procurement resource because they recognise that, having completed such a large number of wide ranging procurement activates, we bring practical experience to a project & don't just sit and talk about options.
back to practices